This section is dedicated to directing you towards resources which assist you in citing your references when writing research papers. In addition, it will direct you towards citation management software that will assist you in managing your citations and share these resources with your collaborators.
In this Guide by Dr. Kevin P. Lee, from the University of California, Davis, you will learn how to structure and write your mathematical research papers.
1. Join Mendeley and the Mendeley Academic Collaboration Network (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your UNLV email address to get even more storage and number of groups that you may create and join)
2. Import Your Reference Libraries from other Reference Managers such as Endnote and RefWorks
3. Drag and drop PDFs automatically extract metadata about research papers.
Add new entries to your library in just a few seconds. Verify the extracted metadata manually, or automatically using a document identifier lookup.
4. Enable the File Organizer to bring order to your stored file.
Mendeley saves your references in the cloud, but you can also opt to download local copies and automatically rename the PDFs using a naming scheme you specify.
5. Choose from one of 8000+ citation styles or create your own!
Use the CSL Editor to explore and modify existing styles. Automatically download journal styles from Elsevier's Author Guides.
6. Join one of thousands of Public Groups or start your own Public Group.
7. Create a Private Group and collaborate with colleagues by reading and annotating together. (Contact email@example.com with your UNLV email address to get even more storage and number of groups that you may create and join)
8. Discover Readership Statistics about the paper you are reading.
9. Showcase your publication history.
Add your personal publications to your Mendeley profile using Mendeley Desktop, or by visiting your profile page.
10. Mendeley Desktop is available on Mac, Windows and Linux. Mendeley Web functions on all major browsers.
For more details, visit our dedicated resource center.