After completing this library workshop, each learner will be able to:
1. Create an advanced search using the advanced search feature in PubMed with boolean operators.
2. Translate a PICO question into an advanced search query.
3. Describe and use MeSH, to create search queries.
4. Use advanced features in Google Scholar including: library filters, search alerts, and special characters for searching.
5. Export references from PubMed to RefWorks.
Search for articles, books, and more at the UNLV Libraries and beyond using Quick Search.
The default search results will include books, online journal articles, newspaper articles, streaming video and more. Filters on the results page let you select materials by format, subject, date, or language, or you can opt to see only articles from peer-reviewed journals.
Log in with your ACE account to see results from more databases, to save and organize your items and searches, and to access your library account. Learn more in the Quick Search Guide and visit the Off-Campus Access to Library Materials page.
Recommended article databases and search engines