The project team was busy over winter break 2014 working on space enhancement projects that concentrated on the second floor of Lied Library. The lighter building occupancy during this time allowed for some necessary infrastructure projects to be completed with minimal disruption to users.
Ultimately, the second floor will include additional seating, more computers, flexible furniture, spaces for collaborative group work, and convenient & safer access to power outlets.
- Second Floor Space Enhancements
- Crews increased power and data capacity throughout the floor.
- A significant portion of the second floor was painted.
- Unbound periodicals were relocated to make room for additional group study space; they are now shelved adjacent to the government publications.
- Unused microform cabinets were removed from the floor and the remaining cabinets were reconfigured to create a new collaborative group space.
- Some flexible furniture was received and deployed. As the semester progresses, additional furniture will be installed, much of it with easily-accessible power outlets.
- Photos: Construction Furniture
- Signs & Kiosks
- Information alcoves on the upper floors were modified in preparation for the installation of an interactive information and directory system. Fixed cabinetry was removed to make way for free-standing kiosks, and the power and data outlets were relocated for better access.
- Photos: Modifications