Here are just a few ways maps can be used in genealogy:
• Find where your ancestors are from
• Find out what county your ancestors lived in so you know where to look for records
• Locate places such as cemeteries, courthouses, museums, and libraries where you want to go to do research
• Trace migration routes of ancestors
• Find boundary changes and place name changes
We have maps both in the circulating maps collection on the 5th floor and in Special Collections (primarily Nevada maps). We also have atlases in Reference and in our circulating collection.